LG will reveal SmartThinQ Hub at CES 2016. It is considered to be the newest addition to its IoT ecosystem,. The hub serves as a gateway to smart sensors and connected appliances in the home.
Image Source: LG Newsroom
SmartThinQ Hub Features
- Consists of a 3.5-inch color LCD display and connects to a smartphone app to facilitate two way communication with smart appliances and smart sensors in the home.
- A metallic body in two attractive color schemes: Champagne Gold and Black.
- For making read easy, the LCD display is tilted at an angle easier to read.
- The high-quality speaker can stream music from thousands of free stations and also what people have on their smartphone or tablet can be played via Bluetooth.
- It expands LG’s SmartThinQ platform to observe and control home appliances. These include washing machines, ovens, air conditioners, refrigerators, robotic vacuum cleaners, etc.
- It plays a central role in LG’s smart home platform. Through this it connects information from smart appliances and regular devices connected SmartThinQ sensors via Bluetooth, Zigbee and even Wi-Fi.
- Data shown in the form of notifications on the LCD screen. And it is also announced through its own embedded speakers, therefore a central “hub” of the home making it “smart home”.
Jo Seong-jin, president and CEO of the LG Electronics Home Appliance & Air Solution Company, said
The LG SmartThinQ Hub is just another example of the open approach we believe is the future of the smart home,
Openness and strong partnerships with industry leaders is what will make smart home technology more accessible and more convenient to consumers. And at the end of the day, that is what our smart home strategy is all about.
The LG SmartThinQ Hub, SmartThingQ sensor and other intelligent products from LG will be on display at Central Hall Booth #8204 of the Las Vegas Convention Center from January 6-9.
For more information about LG products at CES, visit www.LGnewsroom.com/ces2016
Source> Lg Newsroom
Editorial Staff at Generic Whiz.