Microsoft announced Band 2 yesterday at the Windows 10 devices event. It is just like the previous one, but with Banda redesigned look. The strap is now smoother and stretchy, since they moved the battery underneath. Microsoft Band 2 includes a barometer for elevation and stair-climbing readings. Also, a new curved Gorilla Glass 3-covered display is now provided to make it work better with sweaty fingers.
Some of its features are listed below:
- Optical heart-rate sensor on the strap
- UV sensor for measuring the exposure to dangerous UV rays.
- For tracking steps and sleep, accelerometer and gyroscope is also provided.
- GPS for tracking pace.
- Supports Android, iOS, and Windows Phone devices.
- Will sync with Microsoft Health app.
The Band is available for preorder at a price of $249 with its arrival in stores in October 30.
Editorial Staff at Generic Whiz.